Friday, January 21, 2011

All About Taylor

My name is Shanda Taylor Williams. I live in Atmore, AL. My major is Secondary Education/ Math. I transferred here from Faulkner State in 2009 after graduation. I plan to continue on to get my doctorate. I am inspiring to become a principal at Escambia County High School in Atmore, my home town. I want to teach kids how to do math. A study was done on the education of the North versus the South and it was not good. The South scored very low in mathematical skills. This affects the working class citizen in so many ways. Companies will not bring their businesses to the south if the people can't do simple math.

I am married to Mr. Tony L. Williams, the greatest husband. I have three children, Lauren Ashleigh Taylor, she is 20 years old and attends Alabama State in Montgomery where she is a cheerleader. Da'Marcus Tillman Tayor, he is 17 years old and is a junior at Escambia County High School. Also he is in Honor's Class and is a running back on the football team (The Blue Devils). Brandon Travonne' Cummings, he is 12 years old and attend Escambia County Middle School. He plays with a traveling baseball team called the Alabama Rays. He pitches and plays shortstop(he's really good).

The most important things to me are my family. My life revolves around them. I follow my boys to all their games. i go to Montgomery to watch my daughter cheer at the football games. The best game was when she cheered at the Turkey Day Classics in Montgomery. They were on ESPN and they beat AUM.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a fun family! That is great that you want to continue to get a doctorate and be a principal. Just push through these years at school. I look forward to reading your posts to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is really inspiring that you want to change the statistics of the North and the South math scores. I wish you the best in your endeavors to become a principal in Escambia county.
    Your family seems very busy also. It must be fun to travel so much!

    ReplyDelete