Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sir Ken Robinson: The Importance of Creativity

Sir Ken Robinson caught my attention when he said his first word. His accent is alluring and amusing. He gives a few great points on the schools killing creativity. When we become teachers, we have to be open to all situations that will arise. The different diversities of our students will be a teacher in itself. We have to realize that everybody doesn't learn the same. Some will be bored with what you are teaching but it's up to you to find out what that child needs, so he/she can be taught as well.
Creativity is what helps the world go round. My student just maybe the next inventor for an outer space adventure for NASA. This lets me know that I can't be closed minded when it comes to my students. I do not want what Sir Ken Robinson said about "We don't grow into creativity, we grow out of it" to be the deciding factor in the fate of our future children. Imaginations come in different sizes, some big, some small, and some not at all. But the one that do come, let them flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment